Pages

Thursday, 17 September 2026

Doorz

 


Doors flap open in the wind 

Close behind in the breeze , 

shut forever

The room  to be seen again ?, but never 

Just a distant memory of dust 

Faded colours of childhood , severed


The key lost in the woods 

Slipped from my pocket in the excitement of the moment where I stood 

Not realising the loss

No matter , on to the next room , un lock the sun 

I’ll find the key when I return , buried in the moss


Sometimes passing , glimpsing through  the lichen window, 

I’ll find the key when I have time .

I’ll find the key that’s only mine

A chorus of doors clicking behind me , 

Each with its own key lost in the oceans of the cosmos ,  

New ones cracking with a sliver of light ,  


A promise held out of rebirth , 

False sirens  reaching out with a bunch of keys dangling from a wrist 

some rusted 

unrecognisable , a new one added , some busted


Each door passed through , some left ajar, in the hope of return , 

From lands afar . 

Now  slammed shut those lands are gone 

Disappeared with rays of setting suns


The twilight door will appear from the mist 

Locked firm , no crack , no key . 

What’s behind it , I cannot see

Maybe the first room , maybe a room of keys 


31/7/26  20:05-21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doorz

  Doors flap open in the wind  Close behind in the breeze ,  shut forever The room    to be seen again ?, but never  Just a distant memory o...